1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifteen years ago today, O.J. and A.C. went for a little ride

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Perhaps.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Testing the Navy's then-secret MP3 players, no doubt.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Somewhere in Calabasas, the Kardashian sisters are thanking OJ.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I was at South Padre Island, my last day employed on the border, gettin' wasted at the little bar near Louie's by the Lake. The Connectors were playing.

Can't remember the name of the place offhand.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I can honestly say that I don't remember exactly where I was. I was 13 years old and I remember the events of that day unfolding, from OJ not turning himself in to the suicide note to the chase to the surrender (I too, thought he was going to kill himself). But I can't tell you exactly where I was at. Makes me think I was having an uneventful night at home.

It wasn't my age, either, because I can remember clearly where I was when the first scuds of the Desert Storm were launched in '91. In the parking lot of a supermarket on my way home, hearing it on the radio.

But the OJ chase? I can't pin down where I was, which is strange because I remember those things usually.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Several people mentioned the NBA Finals. A no-win situation for NBC.

If they ignore the chase and go full screen with the game, the news department will shit a brick for not being allowed to cover a major story live when the other networks are doing so. On the other hand, I do feel for people who wanted to follow the game, but I don't think there was a cable option that NBC could hand off the feed to (MSNBC and CNBC not having been launched yet).

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At least in the NY area, the Amy Fisher case in 1992 was the height of ridiculousness.

And three TV network movies were made out of it.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Was at my cousin's house celebrating his high school graduation. I was a sophomore in HS. About 20 of us sat in the living room and watched.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Just watched it on YouTube. Not very funny at all, actually. Kinda boring.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Exactly. What Stallworth did is horrendous and he deserves more than 30 days in jail but don't compare the two crimes. They're not even close. That said, a nitwit I used to work with (who might be the dumbest human being on the planet) maintains OJ didn't do it but knows who did. When I asked him why OJ would spend a year in jail, risk going to jail for life, blow his reputation forever and squander his fortune defending himself rather than just saying "Uh, that guy over there did it" this idiot had no answer.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I was 12. I don't remember what i was doing. I do remember watching part of the chase on TV though.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"But I'm down with Dre like A.C. is down with O.J."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted