1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FIFA World Cup freelance writer

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by aburkhart2187, May 31, 2010.

1. aburkhart2187

aburkhart2187 New Member

I'll be attending the World Cup in South Africa and will be there for the duration of the tournament. I'll be attending seven games as a fan with a ticket package following the United States. The package includes all three group games -- England, Slovenia, Algeria -- and then a ticket to each round of the knockout stage. I'll continue to attend USA games for as far as the team advances in the knockout stage, but with a United States loss my ticket becomes valid for the victorious team's next game and I'll continue to follow the winner of each game I attend all the way through to the World Cup Final. Simply put, in addition to the three Group Stage matches, I'll be attending a game in the Round of 16, quarterfinal, semifinal and then ultimately attending the final in Johannesburg on July 11.

I graduated May 2009 from Penn State with a journalism degree. In the past year I've done a considerable amount of freelance work for newspapers, including game stories and features. There are loads of great feature story opportunities at the World Cup, and if interested contact Anthony at aburkhart2187@yahoo.com. Resume and writing clips also available.

Draft saved Draft deleted