1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Face Extradition to U.S.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by britwrit, May 27, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He didn't, he stole it from someone else

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Can you say RICO?

These guys will sing like divas to turn state's evidence. Sepp Blatter will do the frog march before Christmas, I am certain.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You know it's a seedy character by the way the cigarette hangs from his lips.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That'd be fine, but if Fox saved a few hundred million bucks by giving 20 million or so directly to FIFA executives, that's bribery.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed -- but I think it much more likely that Fox, with its massive NFL contract and ratings, was pissed that the WC will get moved from the summer and compete with the golden goose. The no-bid contract seems like a make good

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Blatter has been a survivor but, then again, John Gotti was called the "Teflon Don" until Sammy Gravano spilled. Somebody will take him down.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One option I have seen floated is that FIFA might just relocate to Qatar, which has no extradition treaty with the US. Of course, Qatar might place the continued presence of the Fifth Fleet as more important than soccer.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The women's world cup starts in Vancouver next week and there is fear that some of the refs will not show up for fear of being indicted.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If FIFA does, I hope the executives are forced to help finish building the stadiums there.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

One of the idiots on local sports talk radio here used that gag on the air this morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted