1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ferguson / Staten Island Decisions -- No Indictments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 16, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I must be thinking of Staten Island then.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. Yep, 23 in Staten Island.

3. YankeeFan

I should have double checked. I knew I had heard the number.

4. bigpern23

Easy mistake. All these police killings get easy to mix up. ;)

5. bigpern23

Missed this post earlier since it was the last one on page 130 ... So if you don't think McCulloch tried to get an indictment, for what reason do you believe he convened a Grand Jury?

And if he wasn't trying to get an indictment, how does the Grand Jury's finding "validate" that McCulloch didn't have a good case?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's going to validate or invalidate McCulloch is what The DOJ investigation turns up. Report likely to be released in December of

7. YankeeFan

What's a guy have to do to get shot by a cop in Canada?

Windsor police said around 2:40 a.m. patrol officers arrived on scene at a 3195 Howard Ave. parking lot where a man got out of a black Ford Explorer with a firearm in his hand. The man started walking toward the McDonald’s and armed officers shouted at him drop his weapon.

The suspect turned, pointed his gun toward the officers. He reportedly said to the police, “Why haven’t you shot me yet?” After police tried to calm him, the man entered his vehicle and drove over the curb and sidewalk to get away, merging onto E.C. Row before officers could get back into their vehicle.

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/c...bridge-after-allegedly-pointing-gun-at-guards

He wasn't as lucky with the US Border Patrol :

A Windsor man was shot at the Ambassador Bridge Sunday morning after allegedly pointing a handgun at Ambassador Bridge border officers.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said that around 3 a.m. a man heading toward the U.S. side of the bridge stopped his car before the inspection booth, got out and waved his weapon while approaching primary inspection lanes.

CBP officers ordered the man to drop his weapon.

“After pointing the weapon in the direction of the officers, CBP Officers fired upon the individual who fell to the ground,” said chief CBP officer of public affairs Ken Hammond.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hands up don't shoot eh

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Add another to the list...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...of-dontre-hamilton-b99398655z1-286559211.html

10. bigpern23

Never did get an answer from YF on this one.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The two men fought, and Manney said he used his baton to strike Hamilton, but Hamilton trapped the baton with his arm, grabbed it and then struck the officer. Manney said he attempted to push Hamilton away to create distance. Manney said he thought Hamilton was growing stronger, reaching the point of "super human strength."

The Super Human Strength Defense!

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Super Human Strength is code for 'thougt he was on PCP'

Draft saved Draft deleted