1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fenian's Rainbow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 28, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Re: Hillary -Mission Unaccomplished

Ok, well I'm with Bush that the thing should be ripped up then. ;D

2. Re: Hillary -Mission Unaccomplished

Worse, Bill can't ever be Speaker of the House, either.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Oprah!

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Here are some articles backing up what I have been saying:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0107/2509.html

http://www.observer.com/20070205/20070205_Jason_Horowitz_pageone_newsstory1.html

However, the second one also is going to really harm Biden who just punched himself in the privates with his comments about Obama.

I will let you all read for yourself - UNREAL

& that is the party of tolerance???

Remember Abraham Lincoln, a Republican, ended slavery - did Biden miss something or at least catch some of MLK's speech's....anything? You see I have a hard time understanding how he could say what he said the way he did.

Look, we all make mistakes and all...but that had a bad sound/vibe to it (especially given his comments about Clarence Thomas, etc.) & Biden has a history of...umm SUPREME smugness, mugging for the camera, AND saying some of the dumbest things you could imagine (Princeton slam in Alito hearing only to come the next day wearing a Princeton hat & mugging it, etc, etc) that seem to be quite revealing about how he really thinks. All forgiveable when your a senator but not so when running for President (See Ted Kennedy).

Maybe it is only a blip & I am sure he is already spinning & the media will gloss it for him, but I think it could hurt & won't be soon forgotten in some sectors of the Dem voting base.

So, good ole Joe B may want to book some vaca time with John Kerry

Your thoughts?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

"I still am watching Obama but he has stumbled badly recently and showed he is not that tough and she will work him over."

Still waiting for a source on this, John D.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yes, but all it takes is one election to swing the pendulum hard in the other direction. I remember 1994.

And I prefer Labatt's. But it's beer. Pass one down.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Blue is in for 2007. And '08.

8. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Zeke,

I am not your personal research assistant, sorry.

I am busy and follow politics real close daily from a variety of sources. If you don't that is not my problem

Not to be rude, but come on man.

This is a composite of well known stories from teasing about his ears & meltdown/confrontation of Mo Dowd, to the Muslim stuff, to his charging of Hilary 08 attacking him secretly & digging dirt, etc. etc. He has shown he is easy to rattle recently and has made some missteps. We will see what happens in the future but I have my suppositions as I have disclosed as I am quite sure it will get much worse for BO.

Your hounding me for the "link" when this has been gathered by TV, radio, Internet, and newspaper stories shows that you are kind of myopic in your sourcing (on this issue) and lazy in your research & just don't know politics if you missed this. It is pretty much out there & well covered.

What is worse is you make fun of me when I have obvious STRONG credentials in this issue. It is like of all things politics is my home run ball.

Here is something you may understand/respect. I used to work in the newsroom of CNN gathering stories with the Bureau Chief & Assignment Editor.

I have posted some of my other extensive pol experience - I get tired of repeating myself.

Not to be a jerk, but come on.

If you don't agree with what I say go do some research and come back to us, or put out your own thoughts/theories & we can discuss.

But, it is safe to assume that I know what I am talking about. That will save us both time & aggravation.

If you like Obama - awesome but that does not mean he "walks on water" and don't let those personal feelings stop you from seeing the facts of how the campaign is unfolding. There is a big dif between a supporter & Kool-Aid drinker you know.

Let's keep the discussion productive & not get stuck in the mud.

JDV

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You don't know shit.

None of those examples amount to "stumbling badly recently."

And I have much, much more political experience than you do, from the campaign side and the journalism side.

So piss off.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

But Zeke, you don't work in the CNN newsroom.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Because so much JOURNALISM goes on there!

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're jealous. JDV probably also worked with Edward R. Murrow.

He has "extensive pol experience".

How do we know? He told us.

Draft saved Draft deleted