1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Teacher thread: The New Fall Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 12, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_W_wteacher12.19bfc34.html

Corona teacher arrested on suspicion of having sex with 17-year-old boy

10:00 PM PDT on Thursday, September 11, 2008

By LAURIE LUCAS
    The Press-Enterprise

The Corona-Norco Unified School District has placed one of its teachers on administrative leave after police arrested her on suspicion of having sex with a minor.

Wendie Estrada Fernandez, 45, of Corona, on Monday, is accused of having unlawful sexual intercourse and oral sex with a 17-year-old high school boy in the Corona-Norco Unified School District, according to reports.

Fernandez, a fifth-grade teacher at Corona Ranch Elementary School and mother of four children, was released after posting $25,000 bail, police said.

She knew the boy through someone in her family, said Jerry Pawluczenko, a sergeant with the Corona Police Department.

Fernandez was placed on "indefinite administrative leave" Tuesday and replaced with a "highly qualified" substitute teacher, said Tom Pike, the district's assistant superintendent for executive services. Fernandez's year-round class started the second week in July.

Pike said that the principal, staff and additional counselors at school would be available today to meet with students and family members.

A biography obtained from clicking on her TeacherWeb page said Fernandez and her husband of 24 years have three boys and a girl.

Fernandez majored in early childhood education at Riverside Community College.

After graduating from RCC, she majored in liberal studies with an emphasis in human development at California Baptist University. On the dean's list every semester, Fernandez graduated magna cum laude and received her master's degree. She also has an administrative credential and a master's in administrative leadership from Point Loma University.

Attempts to reach Fernandez by phone were not successful.

Anyone with information is requested to contact the Corona Police Department at 951-736-2330.

[​IMG]

*Not the woman involved in this story. If fact, I couldn't find a picture of Wendie Estrada Fernandez. But the rule is, 'Pics or GTFO', so I didn't want to disappoint.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ooof
    EDIT: Then I read the disclaimer and am very disappointed in you for the lame attempt at bypassing your own guideline of pics or GTFO.
    Great pic, but poor representation.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just use your imagination, slappy. Its all good.

4. KP

KP Active Member

This shouldn't count, she didn't teach in the same building as the kid.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dexter,

Take down the photo of my mother, damn you!

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I wish someone would teach me about Coronas.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

My girlfriend's got some 'splainin to do...

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bet she showers to "Hot for Teacher" or the kid did.

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I feel robbed

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Plus, if you read that and thought that girl was 45, had four kids and was named Wendie Estrada Fernandez...well then you deserve to have been fooled.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What if you thought her name was IJAG?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ijag doesn't wear sweaters around her waist

Draft saved Draft deleted