1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female country singer comes out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 3, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Do you mean the late-night video shoot with the chopper and fireworks? Yeah, his neighbours weren't too thrilled. But I don't think they were happy with him being in the area in the first place.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100501/NEWS01/5010346/John+Rich+s+ruckus+draws+gripes+from+neighbors

Rich's trouble with neighbors began when he started construction on his boxy, ultra-modern mansion near West End Boulevard and Acklen Avenue. Many residents felt the structure, built last year, didn't fit with the rest of the neighborhood.

A sign on his gate reads: "KEEP OUT. Violators May Be Shot. Protected by the 2nd Ammendment!!!"

Neighborhood activist Stephenie Dodson said there have been complaints over Mt. Richmore — what he calls his home — since the artist moved in. Dodson lives three blocks away.

"He is using his house for work, and this neighborhood is not zoned for that," she said. "He is giving us the middle finger and doesn't really care. When he has a party, you couldn't get an emergency vehicle through there. It's just rude."

Mount Richmore? The 2nd Ammendment? Yep, we have a douchebag alert.

By the way, he's claiming that Chely took what he said out of context, she has misattributed other quotes to him, and he's displeased that she didn't contact him before writing and talking about him. I guess she could say she wanted to talk with him at one of his parties but couldn't get there for the traffic jam.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I had almost completely forgot about here. At first when I saw the name I was thinking Michelle Wright, but then I saw the Single White Female reference and then I figured it out.

I had always thought she all but optimized the one hit wonder status for country music.
    Has she done anything lately to really make her relivant in the industry -- outside of come out of the closet just in time to drop a new album? I haven't listened to a whole lot of country in the past six years or so.

3. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Chely Wright in peak of hotness:

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rick is a Man Whore!

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Based on prominence in that video, she's likely on the lipstick side of things

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's it.

God knows there's plenty of land around Nashville where the rich rednecks can go build to their heart's content (like the Kings of Leon, Alan Jackson, Jack White, etc., have) but Rich had to take one of urban Nashville's prettiest spots (known as Love Circle, where many a high schooler has made out over the years, present company included) and wrecked its ambiance by building a monstrosity over all neighbors' objections.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, Williamson County and Mount Juliet have room for the next 10 generations of country flashes in the pan

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

"I'm gay, buy my album" is the thing to do:

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2010/04/19/2010-04-19_jennifer_knapp_christian_music_singer_announces_she_is_gay_on_eve_of_letting_go_.html#ixzz0ncu3Elsf

Draft saved Draft deleted