1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female country singer comes out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 3, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Chely Wright says no country artist has ever come out before, and I believe that (k.d. lang doesn't count, because she was never really mainstream country).

This news is a bit of a stunner - it doesn't say so in the little bit that's available in this link, but she was hot and heavy with Brad Paisley years ago and she dropped him like a hot potato when he started talking about forever and she realized she couldn't keep up the facade. I don't think she told him, though, what she was dealing with.

For those of you wondering "Who the hell is Chely Wright?" she hasn't had a hit record in years, but she did have three fairly big hits in the late 1990s, including
    which went to No. 1 in 1999 and crossed over to the Top 40 of the pop chart.
  2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

3. What about Clay Aiken?

So she's really gay, huh? This isn't just Anna Paquin or Megan Fox Part III?
  4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

She's pretty hot. I want to see pictures to confirm!
  5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I wouldn't call Clay Aiken a country artist.
  6. Double J

Double J Active Member

You're right, it was useless. Thanks for picking up the ball I dropped. :)
  7. JR

JR Active Member

And k.d doesn't count because you knew she was gay the moment she came on stage in her punk cowgirl get-up.
  8. spnited

spnited Active Member

YGBFKM Guest

The rumors of her orientation have been around a long time. Shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with country music over the last decade.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yet another example of why guys sit around lamenting that all the good ones are either taken or lesbian.
  11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You said that when kd Lang came out, too!
  12. Double J

Double J Active Member

That explains my ignorance of the situation. It was about a decade ago that I stopped paying close attention to country music. :D
Draft saved Draft deleted