1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female country singer comes out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 3, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Chely Wright says no country artist has ever come out before, and I believe that (k.d. lang doesn't count, because she was never really mainstream country).

This news is a bit of a stunner - it doesn't say so in the little bit that's available in this link, but she was hot and heavy with Brad Paisley years ago and she dropped him like a hot potato when he started talking about forever and she realized she couldn't keep up the facade. I don't think she told him, though, what she was dealing with.

For those of you wondering "Who the hell is Chely Wright?" she hasn't had a hit record in years, but she did have three fairly big hits in the late 1990s, including
    which went to No. 1 in 1999 and crossed over to the Top 40 of the pop chart.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

[​IMG]

3. What about Clay Aiken?

So she's really gay, huh? This isn't just Anna Paquin or Megan Fox Part III?

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

She's pretty hot. I want to see pictures to confirm!

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I wouldn't call Clay Aiken a country artist.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

You're right, it was useless. Thanks for picking up the ball I dropped. :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And k.d doesn't count because you knew she was gay the moment she came on stage in her punk cowgirl get-up.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

fixed

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The rumors of her orientation have been around a long time. Shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with country music over the last decade.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yet another example of why guys sit around lamenting that all the good ones are either taken or lesbian.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You said that when kd Lang came out, too!

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

That explains my ignorance of the situation. It was about a decade ago that I stopped paying close attention to country music. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted