1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fellow Bobcats ... what might have been (sigh)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 6, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, just because you like the skanky cat and Ohio, doesn't mean a number of the rest of us prefer Ohio U (cause it designates which school to stupid outsiders) and the paw. :p

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Well, I'm with you on the paw.... it rocks.. but Ohio U... we were never, ever, ever allowed to refer to OU as Ohio U in print back in my days as a Postie..

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We weren't either, but we always used it in casual conversation.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

In print, we were always allowed to use "Ohio U" and "sucks" in the same sentence. Weird that they allowed it for just the one school, but it fit so often, I suppose they made an exception. :D

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

No no... no no.. it was BGSU...cks....that was the cheer, if I remember

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

We couldn't use "sucks" and "BGSU" in the same sentence because that was just redundant.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

As someone who covered my alma mater for two years, I still stop myself before I use "we" to describe its sports teams. I probably won't deliberately use "we" unless I pull a Moddy and become a SID over there.

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

If you actually covered your alma mater as a professional, it's understandable to not use we. For the vast majority of us, though, our coverage stopped when we left the student newspaper.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

to the tune of Aye Ziggy Zoomba...

C-K-S!

10. KP

KP Active Member

Well it's 1:40 a.m. and it should just be stated that Ohio State, Miami and BGSTD all suck.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted