1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fellow Bobcats ... what might have been (sigh)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Definition of a buckeye ... a hairless nut with no value

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OU plays football?

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Matt Lauer never graduated! If you go there, add in Paul Newman who spent, like, a quarter, at OU and got tossed for rolling kegs down Jeff Hill.

If you can't be best be first... OU, the first institute of higher education west of the Alleghenies.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Aha, Lauer did get his degree when he went back to speak at graduation in 1997.

Thom Brennaman went back and taught for two weeks and got his degree too in 2000. Other recent minor celebs include, Piper Perabo, that blonde chick, Jen Scheft, from the second season of the Bachelor that stole our hearts, White Sox pitcher Adam Russell, Browns punter Dave Zastudil...

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I walked with Thom Brennaman in 1986......Marty was at graduation.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Although I'd typically pile on with you, I have no problem with those words if someone attended the college.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes, he did, so he graduated with my class :)

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Here's the gamer in the Dispatch...

http://dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2008/09/07/osufb_game07.ART_ART_09-07-08_C1_S7B8LKQ.html?sid=101

Written by Ken Gordon, my first sports editor at The Post (OU student newspaper).

Hank, thanks for defending the use of we. I also don't use it for anything except my alma mater.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hank went to EMU. Other than one other poster here, no one else admits it. Of course he can get away with "We"

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

An Ohio U whine thread? Really? What the hell has this world come to?

And I cannot believe there's been no Shaq of the MAC or Dave Jamerson mentions yet. Stupid Bobcat fans.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, we had a running Ohio U. sports thread at one point. Bite us all! ;)

12. KP

KP Active Member

Fixed

Draft saved Draft deleted