1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feliz, Posey win Rookie of Year honors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Nov 15, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Like they won't talk about Jeter's 1996?

Posey has started his career like Jeter if you have not noticed.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

http://www.platoonadvantage.com/2010/11/heyward-and-posey-in-historical.html

That's nine Hall of Famers, by the way, out of 12. Nice odds -- unless he gets plunked in the face, I guess.

Not historic? Well, whatever it is, I hope he stays on my favorite team for a long damn time.

3. Crash

Crash Active Member

If this is the argument, there's also no doubt that the Braves wouldn't have made the postseason without Heyward, so they're even in that aspect.

4. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

How many GW hits did JHey have? At least 4 I can remember.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

How many times did he make an out in the eighth or ninth where he would have brought the game-tying run up to the plate, been the game tying or go-ahead run?

6. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

That's just a dumb statement. As if he were the reason Atlanta was losing at the time? I would like to see the stats, but my guess is there are more times he HELPED in late innings than not. Remember the Bravos won 20+ games in last AB

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

His clutch stats were decent - http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=heywaja01&year=&t=b#clutc - but that wasn't my point.
    What you do in the ninth inning should rarely be a deciding factor in any award.
    And CY, you can't say "as if he were the reason Atlanta was losing at the time" and then come back with he was the reason Atlanta started winning.

Draft saved Draft deleted