1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Felix the Cat Five ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Felix made landfall a few hours ago on the northeast coast on Nicauragua as a Cat 5 with 160 mph winds, making this the first time in recorded history two Cat 5s made landfall in the Atlantic Basin. Weird season this has been -- only six named storms and two canes, but both are monsters.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

A bit odd that the storm hit just outside Cabo Gracias a Dios...Cave of Thanks to God?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was going to mention that. My Spanish is a bit (hella) rusty, so I thought that was End of Thanks to God or End of Thanks to Days. Both of which might be accurate, depending on how close to the northern eyewall they were (looks pretty close).

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I know NOTHING of Spanish...this was my Spanish-fluent co-worker. She said Cabo literally means cave, although it very likely could carry a second meaning of end. Either way, both names fit, oddly enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted