1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feinstein vs. Katz

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The award set him off. Also says the President should be a writer and not work for TV, radio or dot com.

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

fixed

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's the column of the year? Puh-leeeeeze.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Katz writes more college basketball than just about anybody on the planet, and Feinstein doesn't consider him a "writer"?
    Seriously?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Apples and oranges.

That's John's inner snob, talking.

6. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

I agree. There are guys on my staff far superior. It was a decent column that I would expect anyone to write. But,column of the year? Embarrassing.

7. It's a good column. Column of the year? Maybe, I guess it depends on your taste. I've seen worse columns win, and I've been better not win. I always believed that a columnist award was better judged by a body of work, like three columns. Gives a better grasp of breadth, topic, voice, etc. Just my taste. But get past the anti-Duke bias and give Bilas some due. It's well-written.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

OK . . . but in the big, wide world, it's online Affirmative Action

9. John, take both hands and get a freaking grip.

10. Mediator

Mediator Member

I can understand the animosity toward ESPN, but Katz is a reporter in every sense of the word, he just happens to write for a different medium. It's not like he's some dude in his basement.

And isn't Feinstein vs. Bilas a more fair fight, anyway?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll usually jump at any chance to bash ESPN, but Katz is one of the people there who epitomizes professionalism. The guy just works his ass off.

There are a lot of things to hate about ESPN, but Katz is nowhere close to being on the top of that list.

12. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Yeah. I hear Bobby Knight's like that, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted