1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feinstein: Shanahan pulled McNabb over race, should be fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Nov 13, 2010.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i'm stunned he said elaborate. someone must've coached him like crash davis teaching nuke the cliches in bull durham.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

LMAO. I heard that.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Also racist: the entire Titans organization, apparently.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c245b3/article/still-waiting-for-dominant-team-to-emerge-amid-surprises?module=HP_cp2

I was told by a reliable source that Titans QB Vince Young did miss treatment last week and Friday meetings. The feeling in the Titans building is that he is extremely unreliable. His work ethic will need to improve if he is going to turn his career around. Young has not endeared himself to teammates, who know the real story about his work ethic. He did not even try to work out before Sunday's game, just accepting his number two status. He then showed, when he had to play when Kerry Collins got hurt, he was more than capable. The Titans need Young to grow up fast, and stop making excuses.

Just don't call him lazy.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's impossible to hate someone who did what Manley did in front of Congress.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess "Extremely unreliablie" is worth about $76 million over five years, with $39 million guaranteed.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

That's not an adjective I'd use to describe him. (Yes, I would use FAR worse.)

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

After the extension to McNabb, I guess they are that stupid.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

See, race has nothing to do with it. Snyder, Allen and Shanahan are white and stupid. McNabb is black and stupid. Stupid is as Stupid does. In the end though, McNabb has parlayed a good career into a Hall of Fame induction (Wilbon said he's a HOF and he votes) and undeserved rewards. It's better to be lucky and stupid than good

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hate? How can you hate someone you don't know? Manley was an ass hole as a player and jail has mellowed him but hate is such a strong word. Many disliked him. I found him to be a character.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

McNabb is a very bright guy. I wouldn't say he's stupid. And he does bear serious HOF consideration.
    Shanahan, who looked like a beaten man in his post game press conference is realizing that he doesn't have a team to compete.
    Snyder, despite being stupid, is his own worst enemy. He's a fan and he makes business deals on emotions. That's why he and Jerry Jones are good friends.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has Feinstein said anything since his initial comments?

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes, he's clarified on his blog.

Some have concluded that Mr. Feinstein labeled Mike Shanahan a "racist." From my reading of what Mr. Feinstein wrote, he accused Mr. Shanahan of using racial coding which is a bit different, but a distinction nonetheless. More importantly, Mr. Feinstein gave his opinion of what he thought happened, he did not say it was fact, it was his opinion.

I first learned of this issue here and I was stunned that Mr. Feinstein would simply call Mr. Shanahan that. Clearly, that is not what happened.

I agree with Mr. Feinstein that the information coming out of Redskins Park calling into question McNabb's ability to perform looks eerily similar to the racial coding during the times of Joe Gilliam/Vince Evans/Warren Moon.

Whatever Mr. Shanahan's intent, only he knows for sure, the weight of the evidence points towards either blind ignorance or worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted