1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feinstein: Shanahan pulled McNabb over race, should be fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

OUTFUCKINGSTANDING HONDO!!!!!!

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Grossman is Jewish, right?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think that the accusation is more along the lines that Shanahan should be smarter than to trot out old racial stereotypes. That he was insensitive more than he was racist with his decision-making.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That's the real issue.

And most white people are idiots. ;D

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Reilly may be silly, but he's on point here. Feinstein, for as much as a I respect him, was looking too deep into Shanahan's benching of McNabb. Was it not too long ago that one of the Hasselbecks and Freddie Mitchell said that Donovan has a too-laid back work ethic?

Yeah, the benching was not a good idea and sticking Grossman in was worse, but if the QB isn't willing to do what the coach needs done, then if this benching doesn't get Donovan's attention, nothing will.

Feinstein is putting himself out there with this charge of racism against Shanahan. It might come back to bite him in the ass.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Actually, he's not.

I definitely think Shanahan tried to humiliate Haynesworth during training camp and I think he took it too far. If Belichick has the biggest ego in the NFL, Shanahan is a close second.

I just don't think race has anything to do with it.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Reilly providing nice cover for his friend of 30 years.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is what Reilly said about Feinstein that different than what Limbaugh said about the press in general?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

John is my friend, but it is difficult to sustain even his passive-aggressive COULD be racism charge against Shanahan seeing as Shanahan traded for McNabb in the first place.
    Shanahan is crazy. Full stop. Compared to him, Belichick is the late Jerry Garcia. But he doesn't see black or white when he looks at people, he sees little x's and little o's. Which is just as big a problem when it comes to running a football team. Human beings make lousy chess pieces.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Not really specific to the topic, but I loved this line in Reilly's column:

"Just reading those lines drops a person's IQ all the way to wrestling-fan level."

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If Shanny really is that crazy, how the hell is he one of the top 30 people in his profession? Seriously, there are thousands of coaches out there, and Snyder hires him?

Is Snyder that stupid?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Leave it to Feinstein to make Shanahan sympathetic.

Feinstein needs to spend more time churning out overwritten, overlong, underedited books and sucking up to the most reprehensible CBB coaches in the country and less time channeling Al Sharpton.

Draft saved Draft deleted