1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feingold Won't Run for President

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Plus Feingold is twice divorced. As much as I would like Feingold to run, I know he would face very long odds at getting the nod.

Would he make a good VP candidate?

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Hey Rosie, how did that Packers-Viqueens game turn out? ;D

3. The multiple divorces don't help either.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Feingold '08? :'(

This sucks.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Feingold had no chance anyway, and it had nothing to do with religion or marital status.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I sorta hate to be the one to note that a Jewish vice presidential candidate was on a ticket that got more popular votes in 2000.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A D_B within the self same thread.

But the point is valid. I think the anti-Semitism thing is way overblown. Fifty years ago they were saying the same thing about Catholics.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Am I the only one who mistakenly thought this thread title said "Fenian won't run for president"?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He wouldn't stand a chance. If he somehow carried the Democratic primaries, he'd have gotten slaughtered in a general election. No way his act plays in most of the country. I'm not a huge fan of his style, and I think he showboats as much as he shows conviction, but I would have considered voting for him. Once you get up as high as "Senator," it's really hard to maintain any integrity, and I think Feingold actually walks the walk that he talks. I can say that about maybe a half dozen senators, at most. He believes in campaign finance reform and he is willing to back it up by how he runs his campaigns. To me that is huge. He detests pork-barrel politics, and he has backed that up with his record as a Senator. He's the anti-Robert Byrd. He'd actually probably be a good fiscal president. He'd raise taxes and do his best to veto ridiculous spending, although he might go too far with military cuts if he had the Congress and Senate voting in his agenda.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Is Feinstein running?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Who has officially announced that they're running?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tom Vilsack.

McCain all but said he was on MTP on Sunday.

I think Hilary Clinton is a safe bet.

Obama hasn't declared, but you wouldn't know that from talking to anyone who just got done working on a Democratic campaign.

Draft saved Draft deleted