1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling your age.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by audreyld, Jul 13, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hey now! I got hit on once by a teenaged boy.

That was kinda freaky, (not just because of that, I mean) ... but because I was walking down the street after having lunch with my ex, who's pretty cute, and he started a conversation with us and walked with us for a couple blocks ... ok, whatever, it's Chicago, we're just chillin' ... but boy, he didn't pay her any attention at all. He was on my every word, though. Fucking eh, she got a kick out of that, needless to say. I wasn't sure whether to feel frightened or flattered.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have shared that. 8)

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I want to clarify, just so we're all on the same page. I have absolutely ZERO problem doing my job. I'm not attempting to be their peer. It's just those times happen to be when I realize that I'm a grown up now.

Part of it, I think, is that my job is actually REALLY fun. I genuinely have a fantastic time doing what I do. Sometimes, that makes it seem less like work than it really is, and there are times I feel like it should be harder, or less fun or something. But believe me, I am absolutely not complaining that I love my job.

That said, I'll try to ditch the age angst and limit my angst to non-age issues.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted