1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling your age.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by audreyld, Jul 13, 2006.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Shooter-- because I'm a photog.

UT because I'm getting a master's from the University of Texas.

Hook 'em!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wanna be an intern for me next summer? I could use some good photography. None of my stringers do all that well at it.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Only if you're someplace cool. Or, not in Oklahoma. That would work...

;)

4. Songbird

Northern New England. It's awesome.

Plus, Oklahoma went downhill once the Joads left town.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Aww, now don't go hating on my home state. I'd just like to see a little of the rest of the world. I still love that I'm an Okie.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

As long as your ass is still supple, life will be fine. </Bubbler>

7. Songbird

Not hating. I wouldn't mind seeing Steinbeck's version of "red country and gray country."

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Would like to know if the night crew has any thoughts on my odd age-feelings.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

[​IMG]

You're not old until you cover preps and someone mistakes you for a team mom.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Yikes. I'll make a note of that.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

12. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

There are times when I, too, feel like I'm a little old doing this job at my age. The mid-20s can be a crazy and lonely time. Being around high school and college kids all the time makes it easy to think about what I missed out on when I was there age.

Then I drink a beer ASAP to get over it. :)

There are plenty of us out there dealing with the same issues, so don't feel like you're alone. It's a part of growing up.

If you're still single, enjoy the single life. If you're married, enjoy that at much as possible, but don't lose touch with family and friends. If you already have, reconnect with them.

Plus, visiting Sixth Street as much as possible would probably make life a little more enjoyable. I'll buy you a shot the next time I'm in Texas. Keep your head up, UTshooter.

Draft saved Draft deleted