1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling good...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jan 12, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

With as much negativity as we face every day (and, unfortunately, on this board), wouldn't it be nice to be able to share those little moments that make our individual lives so much more meaningful and wonderous?

For example...my little man and I are right now flipping between a great performance by Eddie Murphy in Daddy Day Care and the Patriots-Jaguars game while lounging in our Castle (a fort-like campout we make every weekend in the living room). We both have very full bellies but we're looking forward to popcorn and hot cocoa.

It's the first time in a couple of weeks that we've been able to do this but it's so nice that I just want it to last for days.

(so why am I writing now? he's in the john....)

Like UTShooter did earlier with her fantastic letters to good people thread, this could be a place for us to share those magical moments where life seems so incredible and wonderful.

Please...as a pick-me-up to some here....share your moments of contentment and happiness.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I will post on this thread again in two hours if the Jags emerge victorious.

3. and I will shit on your post.

however, I am VERY happy sitting here with my fiancee, watching the game, drinking some beers, and generally being happy with life.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

I should have said something here ... if the thread had been here a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, nice touch to share a moment like this with us, AA.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just don't let Fishwrapper over here. He's being a bit of a bag today.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm feeling good, too, AA.

My Cheeseheads won. :D

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Another break...this time for me to hit the head.

And yes, Buck, I'm feeling your Packers, too! My sister, who's making a sincere and earnest effort to learn football beyond one particular game, really got educated on the greatness of Favre. Great win.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my 6 week old daughter is asleep in my arms

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm about four beers into the night.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My girl's a long ways off and when I get done with work I'm going to get drunk and clean my apartment.

But I promise to do it with a smile on my face for you, Allen. ;)

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm listening to Ada Sandler's second album, "What The Hell Happened To Me?" How can you not smile when you hear the goat calling the old man a "fucking piss-drunk cock"?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You fucking buttonhooked me! I didn't think you were gonna buttonhook me.

Draft saved Draft deleted