1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel free to offer some solutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Nov 8, 2006.

1. As for No. 3 on your very sensible list, I would add full implementation of the 9/11 commission recommendations. And some role, dammit, for Gary Hart, who saw these problems coming down the road 20 years ago, but was ignored because of all the Monkey Business.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Split Iraq into zones or even three different countries. Reach out to neighboring countries or allies and have them provide support, it is called diplomacy. Begin scaling back the American presence as a result.
    On the homefront, raise minimum wage, get serious about things like stem cell research. Implement what the 9/11 Comission said. Acknowledge the last six years America wasn't a democracy, but was instead a theocracy and that's going to change.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

(4) Encourage stem-cell research. Left that one off last night.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You want to torture the Iraqis with John Mellencamp? That surely violates UN regulations.

On a more serious note, partitioning Iraq is a good idea only if you want to completely piss off Turkey, which is about our only true friend in the Islamic world. They'll be running tanks over the Kurds roughly 1/10 of a second after Iran makes a puppet state out of the Shia partition.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

1) Though it may be hard, look between the lines for threats to our country bigger than homosexuals getting hitched.

2) Grant amnesty to illegal aliens in our country, and quit this xenophobic claptrap about Mexicans draining our economy when we're spending billions per month on a questionable war.

3) Stem cell research, yesterday.

4) New law: Anyone suggesting a law similar to the abortion ban propped by South Dakota gets immediate psychoanalysis.

5) Withdraw strategy, slow and deliberate and thought out (you know, the opposite of the insertion strategy.)

6) No more of these late-night bill drafting sessions that have fine-print additions like "Attach homing chip to everyone's privates" in the meat of proposed laws.

7) Maybe fall in line with established procedure w/r/t treatment of prisoners?

8 ) Keep Jesus out of my politics, my public schools, my life.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yep. Jesus was the cause of losing yesterday. Hey Kaylee, you really want just two years of fun, don't you?

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

No, I want your god, which seems to be the basis of a lot of hateful and dangerous legislation, kept in the churches where it belongs and away from the politics that shape my life and world.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hmm. So you want morality out of your life and world. Figures.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I'll offer this to the actual contributors, rather than the grubby toddler with applesauce dribbling from his chin who's crying over a soiled diaper: Why on earth must the Christian god, or any god, be exclusive with morality?

Especially since being against the persecution of folks seems pretty darn moral to me.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This doesn't advance the discourse any more than the Yawn rants do.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Kaylee, let's hear your moral guidelines.

12. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Thought it a valid question myself.

With all that's going on in the world, why do some politicians inject their personal religion into politics (but seemingly only the mean parts) on issues that, really, don't affect the lives of Average Joe.

And why in the world can only those leaders play the morality card?

Draft saved Draft deleted