1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel free to offer some solutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Nov 8, 2006.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'll second this. It may not be a huge step forward in advancing our nation, but the colors are just a punchline, and the joke's not funny anymore.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'll do shooter one better and agree with all three. Dye, I still don't particularly like you, but compared to Yawn-hoo and his StuporFriends, you're proving to be downright human. Nice to see.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Still don't really understand the rapid temperature change on that one, but those who try to please everyone please no one.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I see not one solution in that graph other than sore loser bullshit.

What would like to see done about Iraq? Civil liberties? Loosening our dependence on foreign oil? Competing economically with China? Anything?

And DyePack, I like all three of your suggestions.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd like to agree with whomever said decreasing our dependence on foreign oil. We need to develop alternative fuels and we need to do it now. If that means we have to build more nuclear plants, so be it.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh. . . the near-term domestic agenda's there . . . raise the fed min wage for the first time in nine years . . . arrange for negotiated prescription drug prices, rather than the enormous welfare check currently
    going to the drug companies . . . . federal stem-cell $$$$ support . . . elimination of the absurd
    tax cuts for the top 1% . . . what they had better NOT do is anything towards that ridiculous,
    punitive huge raise in the fed gasoline tax, which incredibly has support on both sides of the aisle;
    regressive? inflationary? yow, a complete disaster.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

stay the course we should do. (sarcasm/font)

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So what useful and productive things have been accomplished in the past six years, domestically or internationally?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Find a poll that says a significant number of voters changed because of anything other than Bush. There's none - none - nada - that said they agree with the political philsophy of Democrats that is above, say, 30 percent. Two network polls this morning have had that number below 20 percent.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Higher taxes. Economy tanks. Dems lose their majority in no time. Great plan!

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's a plan: Get out of Iraq, as quickly as can be done without jeopardizing American lives. Yes, I know this means the Iraqis are fucked. They're fucked now anyway. As it stands, all our troops can do is play the role of a beat cop at a particularly violent domestic disturbance. All they can do is get the warring parties to agree to attack them.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you've been paying attention, Pelosi (apparently while she was hiding in a cave) has had a list out for months now detail what she'll do in the first 100 hours.

Off the top of my head, the first two are implementing all of the 9/11 comission reports and raising the minimum wage.

Two "democratic" values that the vast majority of Americans are in favor of.

Draft saved Draft deleted