1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feedback by PM?

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by forever_town, Oct 31, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've occasionally asked people on here to provide feedback about a story I'm working on by private message. Sometimes, I do this with people whose opinions I trust and whom I've either already outed myself to or trust enough to do so.

I'm working on a news story now that I'd like feedback on. However, due to the high profile nature of the case, I'm leery about posting the story. Not that I'm afraid of anyone finding out who I am, but it's a story I'm hoping I can break. Plus, it's a story that garnered national attention a couple of months ago.

Would anyone be willing to look at the story if I send it via PM? Or should I still post it here, even though there are so many names involved that changing them to safe non-names such as Freddie Fuckface would be a lengthy, and possibly futile exercise?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would be happy to check it for spelling and proper grammar.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the story.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted