1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fed's repo Sprewell's yacht

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Former professional basketball star Latrell Sprewell's 70-foot, $1.5 million, Italian-built yacht repossessed Tuesday. Armed with an order from U.S. Magistrate Judge William E. Callahan Jr., a federal marshal seized the vessel in Manitowoc, where it sat in storage.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=650452

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's the deal with the ad at the top of the page on the link saying I can get a '57 Braves nesting doll set at 1:05 p.m. Sunday 9/2? What the hell is a nesting doll set?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

How can they do that? The man's got a family to feed!

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As far as the story, that lead is hysterical:

When a man has to think about putting food on the table, it can be difficult to keep a yacht.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

They're wooden figures that fit inside one another. Here's a Kiss nesting doll set:

[​IMG]

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he really needed the money.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bought the yacht for $1.5 million in 2003 and still owes $1.3 million. That's awesome. Wonder if tried hiding the yacht in the garage or behind the house like other deadbeats do when they know that the repo man is coming...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Poor guy...I feel for him, you know?

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the best part of this whole thing is that he never got another contract after turning down the 'insulting' offer. i love, love, love when people have to face consequences for their stupid decisions.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They originated in Russia where they're called matryoshkas but I don't think they had Kiss in mind. :)

11. Pi

Pi Member

I ... wanna play with an not-fun toy all night ... and wonder why I didn't get a PS3 all day.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted