1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feds bust PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker and Absolute Poker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 15, 2011.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I bet they had enough hats and T-shirts to cover it.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Jesus, Ferguson's gonna get crucified!

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well played.

And as someone who had a couple hundred in there, I'm not holding my breath on ever seeing any of it.

5. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

Well played, sir.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Where is Phil Ivey in all this?

Great entertainment watching this unfold, way better than poker on TV.

7. LongTimeListener

That initial link notes that there's an unnamed owner/participant who was also siphoning off the cash, and through various steps that blogger -- who certainly seems well-informed -- concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that Ivey is the unnamed person.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Heard coming in that Full Tilt -- registered in Ireland -- has already been decertified. They're done.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Phil Gordon has been awfully quiet since black friday. He abandoned his poker podcast.

10. Sam Simon had an interesting Tweet. He said he once asked Dan Harrington why he didn't have a poker sponsorship deal. Harrington responded that he didn't have a sponsor because he didn't want to go to jail.

11. LongTimeListener

That's awesome.

I don't know how many of you play poker, but I have just about completely stopped for the simple fact that the people at tables have become so uninteresting and unpleasant. The hobbyists (myself included, I would say at one point I reached the level of "serious hobbyist") have departed. So all that's left are the guys who fashion themselves pros and who by and large don't have a whole lot else going. Really not a good environment.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

NO JESUS (Ferguson) NO!

Draft saved Draft deleted