1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federer beats Nadal -- on clay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John, May 20, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, it was Wimbledon for Lendl. He won three straight U.S. Opens in the mid-1980s.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Where's Marat?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Don't know how I messed that up considering how big a tennis fan I've been since I was a kid. My dad umpired McEnroe's match when he won the NCAA singles title in 1978.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

What names did McEnroe call your dad?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I was only six, so I don't remember much of the match. My brother recently stumbled upon a video of it and a. it's funny to see my dad with hair, b. McEnroe complained to my dad about a fan that was giving him shit and my dad basically told the fan to shut the hell up, so Mac had no complaints about the guy in the chair.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Breaking a racket
    Dropping his pants
    Or tanking

Or maybe breaking a racket, dropping his pants AND tanking.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

But what channel's he on? I need to see him dropping his pants. That's worth breaking my lease and getting a dish.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Men's tennis best be praying for Roger to win at Roland Garros and to stay healthy in Wimbledon, because they really need him to win the Grand Slam.

Federer going for the slam in New York would be huge for the sport worldwide, but it would help give it a much-needed boost nationally.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pardon my French. :)

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I miss those great matches (Becker/Lendl or Edberg/Becker, especially at Wimbledon and Sampras/Agassi.

By the way. what ever happened to Pat Cash and Stefan Edberg? I was crazy for Cash back in the day. :-[

Draft saved Draft deleted