1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federalism and the NYPD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I guess the NYPD needs to keep up regarding federalism. By mounting operations outside of the city, it shows it's an agency out of control.

http://news.yahoo.com/nypd-monitored-muslim-students-over-northeast-201653480.html

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Come on, Stitch, they had good intentions. (Too tired for blue font).

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Explain.

You don't think police organizations all over the country don't have investigations that take them out of their jurisdiction? It happens on about half of all Law and Order episodes.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

No. The NYPD should not be running intelligence operations in other cities or states. I can see the NYPD teaming up for joint task forces, but the NYPD has no legal right to operate outside the state of New York. One of these days, NYPD cops operating out of state are going to be arrested for this.

Would be OK for Barney Fife to run an op in NYC?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're giving your opinion. You are not saying what's actually wrong/illegal.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm just glad the NYPD is not using 9/11 to justify anything it thinks it should do.

Draft saved Draft deleted