1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal Rebate Checks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not that I'm necessarily on the receiving end of any checks, but this doesn’t exactly work out. Someone is allowed to be against the idea yet still try to make it work on the hope that they are wrong.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How about if I sing you a song for every dollar?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Are you a good singer?

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ok. "If I had a million dollars."

$1. Go.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not at all. But I make up for my complete lack of tonal color with increased volume.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Haven't you always wanted a mon-Key?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, his "financial help" would be more along the line of getting worker's comp for being injured while doing his job.

Would you assume that someone who is disabled and collecting worker's comp was living the good life?

8. Why stop at $800 or $1,200. Let's think big. The government should give us each checks for $25,000.

No, wait, fuck that. $10,000. Why not?

Let's keep going and going.

I want money! Where's my fucking money!?!?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Zeke,

I implore you to give this stimulation a chance. Be a good American and buy a bunch of Chinese crap from Wal-Mart and create a bunch of new jobs.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's exactly what I said and meant. I meant that he's a lucky son of a bitch, getting to sit around all day and watch TV. Lucky bastard.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm going to buy 100 sweatshop-made polo shirts at Wal-Mart.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perhaps they could have just given the money directly to Wal-Mart, and eliminated the middle man.

No, actually I plan on investing my money prudently into a small dildo business, which, with the blessed help of the Invisible Hand, will one day make me a millionaire. Talk about stimulating the economy...

That, or maybe some NASCAR memorobilia.

Draft saved Draft deleted