1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal Rebate Checks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

I get that lenders can be slimy and deserve a lot of the blame for this mess. But how about the homeowners who agreed to buy more house than they could afford? Nobody twisted their arm to sign on for mortgages that cost 40% of their income, or for ARMS that would eventually skyrocket or for interest-only mortages. People made stupid decisions, and they caused a lot of their own problem.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Exactly. There have been times when I bought a house and was approved for a ridiculous amount -- way more than I could afford. The mortgage mess we're in now is what happens when the predatory meet the stupid. There's plenty of blame to go around.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Enjoy your rebates.
    According to our idiots in Washington, I'm too rich to get a rebate.
    Then again, I think this is a totally ridiculous scheme to buy voters, so I don't care about the $600 I won't get.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thanks, pall. I need a fucking asshole editor at 3:50 a.m.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I just hope all that money you're making isn't tied to your spelling. :)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

"All that money" I'm making means I'm barely middle class in the area where I live.

Draft saved Draft deleted