1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal prosecutor, pedophile... updated with the coward's way out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 18, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thought he was going to have sex with a 5-year-old and went fishing on myspace... nice guy

Federal prosecutor is arrested in sex sting
    Police say he solicited sex with Michigan 5-year-old

September 18, 2007

BY CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A federal prosecutor flew to metro Detroit with a Dora the Explorer doll, hoop earrings and petroleum jelly for a 5-year-old he planned to have sex with, police say.

John David Roy Atchison -- who prosecutes civil and criminal matters as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Northern Florida District -- appeared on the other side of the law Monday in Detroit federal court. Atchison, 53, of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was charged with enticement of a minor using the Internet and knowingly traveling interstate to engage in illicit sex.

Advertisement
    According to court documents, during an Internet chat with an undercover officer, Atchison described himself as "very much a family man." He initiated the online chat Aug. 29 with the officer posing as a mother interested in letting men have sex with her children.

During continuous conversations, he expressed a desire to engage in oral, vaginal and anal sex with her fictitious daughter. Money was not part of the discussion.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070918/NEWS04/709180375&imw=Y
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070918/NEWS06/70918069

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: Federal prosecutor, pedophile...

That is disgusting. I can't even comprehend that kind of depravity.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Mr. Atchison...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice lede on the story.

He'll last about 15 minutes in prison.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What the fuck is wrong with people?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A MySpace.com page that a criminal complaint identified as belonging to John David Roy Atchison, an indicted federal prosecutor from Gulf Breeze, Fla., said he enjoyed spoiling young girls.

Under the user name fldaddy04, name John and caption "Experienced, understanding Daddy," Atchison allegedly described himself in his profile as:

Advertisement
    “Handsome, educated, professional, experienced Daddy. I love younger girls. Like everything about you...how you think, talk, act. I'm very understanding and supportive..,never ever judgmental.”

The profile goes on to say that he would like to “pamper, spoil, change and take care of” girls.

His general interests are listed as “surfing, diving, boating...everything to do with the water...music and cute girls.”

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Someone found my letter to Santa ...

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I can't believe I even read that it's so disturbing.

This man has no chance in prison, and rightly so.

10. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I'm with you .... this whole concept is absolutely beyond anything I could possibly imagine in any way, shape or form.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Nothing surprises us anymore," said the sheriff from the prosecuting county. That really says it all.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Macomb County's internet task force really goes after predators.

Draft saved Draft deleted