1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FEC Complaint on Fred Thompson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Aug 21, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

They're still looking for a pickup truck to rent.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So he's got you stewing, one might say?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You guys know that someone has to win the reublican nomination, right? You can't dismiss them all until you get to the general election.

4. jboy

jboy Guest

Hey, it's not just the liberals dismissing them all. From what I've read, your fellow reublicans aren't exactly thrilled with the field either.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I hope your paella doesn't have that patina on it. :D

Will Thompson cross the reublican?

This is all too complicated for me.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Don't know, I've been favorably surprised by Guiliani & Romney, wait & see on Thompson. I'm still angry enough at McCain the senator, that the candidate is in the doghouse. I'll think about anyone else when / if they become relevant. It's a better field than I though it was going to be.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Guy, I'm far from dismissing the entire field.

I think it will come down the Giuliani and Romney. I think that choice will leave a lot of folks that came out the last two times around cold. Whether they'll hold their noses, sit it out, vote for a Democrat or vote for a third party remains to be seen.

8. jboy

jboy Guest

If it's Giuliani or Romney (the Southern Baptists Convention considers Mormonism a cult) is the nominee, I wonder if we'll see a third-party religious right party just to give conservative christians someone to vote for? Just a random thought.

I just have trouble seeing where Thompson fits in.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm no fan of Mormonism, but calling a religion a "cult" because you don't agree with it and find its practices unduly prescriptive seems like a shitty thing to do.

Back on topic, what does Thompsopn actually believe, anyway? I looked at his website and found a sort of manifesto that espoused an old-fashioned, small-government vision of federalism. That's fine, but who still believes the hype when Republicans trot out that message during elections and then proceed to forget about all that quaint, 18th-century bullshit once they get into office? Is anyone still buying it?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is where I'm utterly unqualified to offer an opinion. I mean, I'd say no, but, then again, someone must still be buying it.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Romney wins the White House so there can be multiple first ladies. :D

And I hope they're all as good-looking as Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigney and Ginnifer Goodwin.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good lord, is Ginnifer Goodwin just a dream, or what?

She somehow is sultry and innocent all at once. It's intoxicating.

Draft saved Draft deleted