1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 24, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the premier last night? I enjoyed it. I think it's going to be fun to see the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and I was particularly impressed with the acting in last night's episode. I think they assembled a pretty strong cast.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it as well. Much like The Walking Dead, there were complaints it was "too slow." Bah. Did a great job laying the groundwork for what lies ahead.

The short attention span and need for instant gratification for a lot of viewers is staggering. It can't be zombies ripping flesh off faces all the time. That would get as boring as hell.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So annoyed that I completely forgot to watch this last night. I'll have to keep an eye out for a replay.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm watching it now in AMC's website. It's a little weird that they chose to pick it up in the beginning of the outbreak considering we all know the answer to the mystery they're exploring. I hope they take this in a different direction from Walking Dead.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I liked it. Good intro. Hey, it ain't Rick and Co. .... but it will do.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I like the fact that this is starting from the beginning. With "Walking Dead" we pretty much jumped right into it since we saw everything from Rick's viewpoint. Seeing everyone just begin to figure it out (especially when we as an audience know so much more than they do) is fun.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I really liked the first episode. I think this cast is going to be fun to watch. The background music worked well, too, I thought.

At least Kim Dickens got promoted. No more whorehouses for her!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It may just be me, but that stupid white shirt, blouse, whatever, that apparently had not buttons that the stoner dude was wearing when running from zombies drove me crazy.

Either dress like you are going on a heroin binge or dress like you're going to a drag show. Make up your mind.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did not like it. Too slow.
    My co-viewer is a much bigger TWD fan than I am, and she didn't like it either.

That said, I hated the first episode of TWD, and it improved dramatically as it went along.

As a fan, I guess I have to accept that the show creators struggle with pacing. They're just not good at it.
    Doesn't mean I have to stop complaining about it, though.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow. Shocker. Buck found it slow. :D

KYSportsWriter and JackReacher like this.
  11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. Unbelievable!

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Buck,

Have you tried watching on fast forward?

Stoney and spikechiquet like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted