1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear the Beaver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hate the font. Helmet logo is ok

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ugly and terrible.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

all nike unis made for oregon teams look clownish.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Don't care for the football unis that much, but better than most of the Oregon unis. Not great, but not terrible. As for the helmets, I don't like them at all. I kinda like the basketball unis.
    A couple of years ago Nike came out with new football unis for my alma mater and I guess I was supposed to be all excited. But I thought they looked ugly, especially dark gray with red numbers. During the game the unis looked far worse, because sweat stains were so visible. But if 19-year-olds like them I guess that's what counts, right?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the only thing i liked were the helmets.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Since Oregon is home turf to Nike, why doesn't State flip them the bird and go Adidas?

7. Sharp looking helmet but they need to work on the logo.. just my 2c

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The helmet wasn't legit, the black helmet will be logo-less, just stripes. Though I do agree the logo should be bigger on the helmets than they have it on the white one. I would also set the logo on a background of the block O
    The unis are pretty good, (always a fan of shoulder stripes) they even have Riley's post-game (after wins) "Hip Hip Hooray" on the socks.
    The other thing I don't like about the logo is that it looks like a wing. I think a logo of a stylized O made to look like an open Beaver mouth with big white teeth would have looked better.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

New Sundevil mascot.

[​IMG]

meh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Looks like a bug.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Looks like a Guy Fawkes mask.

[​IMG]

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Went to game at Sun Devil Stadium last year. Hadn't been there since the 70s. A couple of the locals told me a row of boxes or a deck (I forget) was going to be torn down. Thought was to downsize the place. They messing with me or is that true? Little help?

Draft saved Draft deleted