1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCS Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There's no reason why you can't win at Chattanooga. If Elon and Wofford, which are tiny schools by comparison, can have consistent success in the SoCon, then the right coach can turn Chatty around too. That is not a dead program.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Speaking of awful football in eastern Tennessee, is it true that ETSU might try to restart?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

There are a lot of people hoping and trying to revive the program. Killing football hurt the university in a number of ways, one of the big ones being that they lost so many of their minority students (and grant money) when that happened.

Cosmo, there's no question that UTC should be one of the top programs in the Southern Conference and in the FCS. I think the rest of the coaches in the SoCon dread the day that UTC finally figures out how to run a program because the sky could be the limit. Of course, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Who's watching Wofford-Appalachian State with me?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

*crickets*

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Me. But I'm posting on the main FBC thread.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I watched the first three quarters. App could score 100 next week at Chattanooga if it wanted to.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched. Ug-lee. Almost as ugly at Popovich's beard.

9. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Jerry Moore wouldn't do that to Rodney Allison. Could? Yes. Will? No.

What year was it that App won more games in Finley Stadium (2) than UTC (1) — was it '06

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That's a good one there, Cosmo. We used to call it BumFuck Cullowhee.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Y'all watch your mouths. It's The Most Wired Small Town in North Carolina, according to Yahoo Internet Life magazine, which has only been dead for six years!

http://www.cullowhee.net/

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You'd think the most wired small town in NC would update its page once in a while. At least once every three or four years.

Draft saved Draft deleted