1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCS Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 28, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Liberty's Brock Smith, interestingly, was much more of a baseball prospect than a football prospect in high school. He was one of the best young line-drive hitters I ever saw. It would be scary to see him now at his current size.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When did the FBS get a playoff? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Never seen a team hit with so many injuries/defections in one year. I assume Heacock's in a lot of trouble.

4. JackReacher

So....who's the front runner for the Chattanooga job?

Going once, going twice.....does anyone want that job?

5. Had no idea they'd sunk so far until I saw the MVC standings today.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

You would assume that, but you would be wrong. As long as Jimmy Tressel is dumping millions on the program, none of Tressel's cronies from years ago are going anywhere.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I covered a game at YSU this year. Nice stadium. Stayed right next to Club 76 or whatever that strip joint is off 76 near the 80 split.

Cannot let the FCS thread die. Where's Chris L? Holy Cross is horseshit!!!

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm still stuck on I-AA. My bad.

9. JackReacher

Yeah. just bustin' your balls.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Northern Iowa-Western Illinois will go a long way toward determining the MVFC champion. If Western Illinois wins this game, then wins at Southern Illinois next week, all the Leathernecks have left is a bad Illinois State team and a worse Youngstown State team at home to close the season.

UNI's lone remaining conference games are at home against Missouri State and on the road against a brutal Indiana State team.

The other one-loss teams in the conference — South Dakota State and Southern Illinois — play each other next week.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

How much do the Sycamores lose by this week? 50? 60? 70? 100? I'm taking bets :D

12. 63-0

Draft saved Draft deleted