1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCS Playoffs: Hello, Frisco!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

One of my brothers went to Delaware but that was a snoozefest on Friday night.

How'd the Bison of NDSU do anyway?

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Never mind. They got beat in OT.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Jeff has done a great job, no question. I sure didn't pick GSU as a playoff team at the start of the season, but I thought the Eagles would beat Wofford ... because of the crowd, because of Breitenstein's shoulder, because GSU is rolling and because the Terriers seldom win big games.

I do think Southern's run ends this week, though.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Eastern Washington vs. Villanova (Friday night, ESPN2)
    Georgia Southern vs. Delaware (Saturday at noon, ESPNU)

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Nova and Delware will win and three weeks later travel more than 1,400 miles each to play for the title in Frisco, Texas.

Nova beat Delaware on the final Saturday of the season, in OT, just to get in the playoffs. That's a rematch I'd like to see.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No one beats the Blue Hens twice in one season.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Forgot to add, Dr. Gee would say that the players for the "sisters of the poor" schools do not take the full-scale demanding academics that the players from the BCS schools have to take so that impact of the expanded football schedule on the FCS students is not the same as the impact that an increased schedule would have on the BCS students.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Nova will.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My alma mater blew it. Lost to Delta in the first or second round; had an easy path to the finals, which would have been played at home.

FireTerryBowden.com. Is that up yet?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, if Baby got put in a corner, I guess anything's possible.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don't know if this has gotten much attention, but Eastern Washington All_America running back Taiwan Jones will miss this week's semifinal game after fracturing a bone in his foot last week. Jones ran for a career high 230-something yards against North Dakota State.

He's quite a player and his absence will be a huge hole for the Eagles against Villanova, IMO.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My freshman year, Ken O'Brien led the Fightin' Aggies into the Div. II championship game. Unfortunately he got hurt in the semi-final and did not play in the championship game. Of course that stellar performance convinced the Jets to take him over that under-achiever Dan Marino.

Never heard that those playoffs impacted the football players' academic pursuits.

Draft saved Draft deleted