1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FCS Playoffs: Hello, Frisco!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

We're already three rounds deep into the FCS playoffs with the quarterfinals set for this weekend.

Delaware hosts New Hampshire tonight on ESPN2 at 8 pm EST (I suggest you watch), while Wofford-Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington (and its red turf) - North Dakota State and Appalachian State-Villanova are all tomorrow.

Should be exciting.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wait, what about the impact on the students' academic pursuits? This is ridiculous, they should go to one bowl game at most, so the BCS can make a $50M payout to the participating schools while the BCS members rake in hundreds of millions for themselves!!!

4 games of playoffs! Oh the sanctity of the "student-athlete" is gone forever.
  3. Rumpleforeskin

Bunch of defense in the first half between Delaware and New Hampshire. Both teams tackle really well so big gains just aren't going to happen. The Blue Hens need to stop dropping passes though.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

App-Villanova should be a great game tomorrow. Nova is the defending champ and App won three straight from 05-07, and came up a play short of playing for the title last season.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

North Dakota State was the last team in and has a chance for another upset against a Big Sky team this week. Not bad for a playoff debut.
  6. John

John Well-Known Member

But can they handle the red menace?: [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Rumpleforeskin

Delaware has a fantastic defense. Nice to see the Blue Hens showing up on TV, unlike the 2007 National Championship.
  8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Red turf is an abomination!
  9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well-done. (You forgot to add the part about how this drags out for seven weeks now, oh the humanity!)
  10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, the schedule is insane. Never should have added four extra teams. I'm just thankful my team lost early or I'd never have a day off.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That picture is making my eyes hurt.

Funny thing in last night's Delaware/UNH game. ESPN made it seem like a huge shock that 10 of the Delaware players had to take final exams the morning of the game, like it was something that wasn't normally done.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the 120 FBS presidents would say, "The FCS guys are ok with a playoff but we're not."
Draft saved Draft deleted