1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI To SW Ohio Bank Patrons: No Hoodies, Please

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Aug 10, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/WDTN_FBI_wants_to_ban_hoodies_from_banks

I understand the rationale here. I am just disgusted by this trend caused by this situation -- now you have to be concerned about what you wear for fear of being *associated* with robberies/robbers because of what they wear when the commit hold-ups.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

First Burkas at airports now this, where will it end?

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bill Belichick robbed banks in SW Ohio? Maybe not that surprising.

Some would certainly say he stole money in NE Ohio.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Police also request that you not be "black and scary looking."

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are we still allowed to wear ex-president masks?

[​IMG]

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Banks around here have banned hoodies, ball caps and sunglasses for the last several years.

7. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

My life would be a lot easier if schools banned hoodies, too ... students who wear them on 95-degree days (and they exist in larger number than you might realize) are doing so because they are either trying to hide a cell phone in the pocket (so they can text in class) or because they're trying to cover their head when they're sleeping so they can claim they were awake when you kick their desk and they jump 10 feet in the air ("I wasn't sleeping").

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Banks in CT have sign asking you not to wear "hoodie" . I've taken to wearing them when I do my basnking because the policy is so insulting. I truly enjoy walking into bank with my hood up and hanging the teller a 6 figure deposit.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good luck enforcing that one, FBI.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My bank is basically robbery proof, at least in the traditional sense. You have to walk through two doors to get in and out, and the second won't open until the first is closed all the way. And think there is also metal detectors in that little hallway. It's pretty high tech stuff, and it's like that at every branch they operate now. It's not a big chain (local credit union) and I don't know about many robberies happening there in the past. But it's interesting, and now I can bust out sunglasses and look cool when I deposit my checks.

Draft saved Draft deleted