1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI: Three held in plot to blow up three NY tunnels

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 7, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

My sister travles PATH from Hoboken NJ to midtown NYC every day. Virtually every person on every train is carrying a shoulder bag, briefcase or backpack. Her description of the secuirty: "What security? I could be carrying anything in my bag and nobody would ever know."

I was in the WTC subway station twice this month and each time I saw exactly 2 NYC Transit cops, not even regular NYPD  ... and this is at Ground Zero. No metal detectors, no security checkpoints, nothing.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Oh, there are monitors in plain sight, relics from the 1970s.

Unless someone has to be arrrested or there's an immediate need for a cop, station personnel handle all situations.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I must look odd, then...the last 4 times I've gotten on the 7 train from Grand Central, I've gotten my rolling computer bag searched.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

You really shouldn't wear a John Rocker jersey on the 7. ;D

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I carry a leather laptop bag with me every day to work.

I haven't opened my bag once since 9/11 before going onto the subway. Not once.

If I'm not being checked, how can I be sure terrorists are?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Or an Armando Benitez jersey... :eek:

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Well played.
    ;D

8. Where are all the people screaming for the heads of the NYT reporters on this leak of national-security info?

Draft saved Draft deleted