1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI agents accused of spying on teens' dressing room

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 20, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ew. Just ew. And with a Big-Brotherish note to it.<blockquote>Two FBI agents in West Virginia have been charged with spying on teenage girls changing into prom gowns at a charity fashion show.

The agents were working in an FBI "satellite control room" at the Middletown Mall in Fairmont, the Marion County prosecutor said. The agents positioned a camera on temporary changing rooms and zoomed in for at least 90 minutes on the girls. The FBI did not explain why the agency has a surveillance operation at the mall. . . .

The agents work out of the FBI's high-tech Criminal Justice Information Services Division in Clarksburg, W.Va.</blockquote>http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/04/2-fbi-agents-accused-of-spying-on-teens-dressing-room.html?csp=34

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What state was that in?

Oh, never mind -- are we supposed to be surprised this happened in West Virginia?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Location is irrelevant. Could have happened in West-by-God, could have happened in Missouri, could have happened in New York.

It's vile on multiple levels.

4. zagoshe

It is disgusting, but I guess the one thing we should be surprised about is that they were spying on females as opposed to sheep or donkeys.......

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Those douchebags at Abercrombie and Fitch have been getting uppity, that's why.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

When asked why he was spying, Mr. _Famous declined comment

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Hey, it's northern West Virginia. The agents probably aren't related to the ladies.

8. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Your level of class is matched only by your originality.

9. zagoshe

So do you live in Clarksburg, Martinsburg or Shepeherdstown?

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

What does it matter if I live in Morgantown or Minneapolis, and exactly why should I justify my ZIP code to you? I fail to see how a jab like that should be considered any less offensive than those that rely on ridiculous stereotypes to disparage any number of other groups.

11. zagoshe

You know stereotypes wouldn't be hurtful if there wasn't such a high degree of truth in most of them.

Think about it, there, skippy.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gary Sutton, 40, of New Milton and Charles Hommema of Buckhannon were charged with criminal invasion of privacy and conspiracy to commit video voyeurism. Sutton has been released on bond, and Hommema is to be arraigned later this week.

At first glance I thought the second guy's name was Hommena, which of course left me to wonder if the perps hadn't been caught by colleagues alerted by the strange Ralph Kramden imitations coming from the locked control room. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted