1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI agent says Saddam Hussein had capacity to make WMDs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This was on Charlie Daniels' Web site. Does anybody know what interview and what TV show this interview was on and how credible it was?

Now The Truth Comes Out

The other night I saw an interview on television with an FBI agent who spent months interrogating Saddam Hussein after he was captured by US forces. The agent was of Lebanese background and spoke fluent Arabic.

Among the many things he learned was that Saddam was intending to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction programs. He had already proven that he was capable of not only producing but using chemical weapons by his slaughter of Kurdish men, women and children.

He still had the team in place to restart the chemical and nuclear programs and had coalition forces not invaded Iraq he could have proceeded and we don't even want to think about how that would have ended.

Saddam had the will and was developing the capacity to make weapons capable of killing hundreds of thousands of people in one fell swoop.

The intention was clear, the danger was imminent, yet none of the people who have accused the Bush administration of lying about WMD as an excuse for going into Iraq have come forward to say that the President was right, that the danger was real and that Saddam was a loose canon who was apt to break loose at any time.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are not willing to say the surge in Iraq is working, even though they get their noses rubbed in the fact every day.

Remembered the phrase, "Bush lied, people died?" Well how about "Reid lied, people died." Because the more Harry Reid and company rail against and belittle what the armed forces have done and are doing in Iraq the more he encourages the enemy to keep up the fight.

Reid and Pelosi know the surge is working but they hate the Bush administration so bad that they're willing to put American lives in jeopardy for what they hope will be political gains.

To stand in the Senate and pronounce to the world that the sons and daughters of America are failing when it is so obvious that they are winning is not only a disgrace but a declaration that you don't give a whit for the troops, you don't care about what's best for America, that all you're interested in is how many seats your party can pick up.

President Bush announced in his State of The Union speech that troops would begin coming home. That's what we all want and I thank God for it. And the reason is because the surge is working.

Stop sniveling and whining, Senator Reid. Whether you know it or not you're supposed to be taking care of the business of the United States of America, not trying to destroy a President who
    ridded the world of a man and his demonic sons who caused horrible hurt in this world and left to their own devices would have destroyed millions more, maybe even you.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Charlie Daniels?!?!?! Seriously? THAT Charlie Daniels. Then it must be true.l

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I can make any argument sound brilliant if I only have 1/3 of the facts in front of me.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It was on 60 Minutes.

Saddam said that he did not have the capability, but that he would have reconstituted the program at a later time.

But also, that he thought bin Laden was a ridiculous crackpot.

Painted Saddam very favorably.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Was actually a great interview with the FBI agent. He said Saddam admitted that the UN had destroyed most of his WMD and he had ordered the rest of them to be destroyed himself. It basically proved Bush lied when he swore Saddam had WMD all over the country before we attacked Iraq. At least, it did in my eyes.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yep.

Agent was very believable.

7. Smallpotatoes

and yet Charlie Daniels is claiming the opposite.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't get your political commentary from Charlie Daniels.

9. Smallpotatoes

Are you saying he doesn't know his shit?

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I think he smoked a lot of really good shit in the '70s.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I wasn't saying it, the good folks at Planet Reality were.

I'm sure Professor Daniels has all kinds of experience with excrement.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The fact that he doesn't know how to spell "cannon" when used with the word loose" is, how you say, damaging to his credibility.

Draft saved Draft deleted