1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC (yeah, that's right, we roll like AP) week 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 26, 2009.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Indiana was able to run the ball on the Wolverines. They won't be able to against the Hawkeyes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Next man in. Wasn't Iowa already down to its fourth-string running back?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Problem is, Ben Chappell will throw the ball all over the field against the Hawkeyes. He's a legit QB.

As an Iowa fanboi, this game worries me. No way the Hawkeyes win by 16 or 17 points -- if they win at all. This game has upset/letdown written all over it.

Over the past decade, Iowa has played some great games against tough conference teams like Penn State, Michigan State and Wisconsin. And they've absolutely choked against the dreaded "I" schools.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yep. Iowa's defense has allowed 10 touchdowns in 8 games, and allows 122 yards on the ground. Haven't seen an Iowa defense as stout as this in the 25 or so years I've been following them.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

You and a lot of other people. :)

After quite an enjoyable time at the most recent quacker family reunion, I won't be making the (short) trek to this week's game. However, I will likely be just as loud (sorry, neighbors!) and possibly just as toasted, depending on how the game shakes out.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And now, in honor of tonight's ESPN Mid-Major Spectacular Sam Mills 51 will tell us about all the things that make him love East Carolina. ;D

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Done for the regular season now. They've got two weeks to get Wegher ready to tote the mail against OSU.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Eric Decker is out for a while. The Mighty Gopher fights on!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/66465547.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUT

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Indiana always seems to play Iowa decently. They beat the Hawkeyes a couple of years ago when they shouldn't have been anywhere close.

I'm not saying IU will beat them, but that's a big, big number for this game.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Oklahoma State just sent out a release that Dez Bryant is suspended for the rest of the season by the NCAA. He can return in Sept of 2010, but we all know that by then he will be in an NFL training camp. OSU has said they will appeal the decision but they would make no further comment.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

OTR,

Iowa could never cover James Hardy. IU would send Hardy down the field and Lewis would just loft it to him. It is a big number, but I don't see IU scoring too many points, so the defense will need to step up or Stanzi will have to regress for IU to cover. I see this one turning out a lot like the tOSU game.

12. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4600727

Draft saved Draft deleted