1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC (yeah, that's right, we roll like AP) week 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Wouldn't that be FBS? (And it still should be Div. I-A, but oh well.)

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

FBC is the AP agate code for college football.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't find a link to the original blog post but the FSU Rivals site apparently ran a story earlier today indicating that Bobby Bowden was going to leave FSU at the end of the season and take over at...

UAB

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Here's a link; not the original but then I'm not interested enough in Rivals.com content to pay for their version of ESPN Insider ...<blockquote>Seminole insider website Warchant.com, a Rivals affiliate, suggested Friday that the 79-year old head coach is losing favor with the school's decision makers and is considering signing with the University of Alabama at Birmingham if he is forced out at FSU. The site doesn't name the source of the information, but notes that it is a very reputable one, saying that the school is currently working on a buyout package worth around $4.5 million if Bowden retires at the end of the year.

"Even though it's still in the very early stages, we've heard there is some talk going on behind the scenes between the Bowden camp and a school in his hometown, the University of Alabama at Birmingham," <b>the site's founder Gene Williams wrote in a blog</b>. "At first I figured this was a crazy rumor, but it came from a good source, and we've heard it may have some legs."</blockquote>http://www.usaplayers.com/news/2009/sports/october/report-bowden-considering-coaching-elsewhere-in-2010-11637.html

Can't find any legit reports, so ...

BLOGS!!!

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

For the record, I posted that for comic relief more than anything else.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One Pac-10 official won't be rolling with us.

Pretty much unprecedented for the commissioner to publicly reprimand the officials, without a provoking outcry and followup from the offended team. This ain't Tom Hansen's Pac-10 anymore, I guess.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Iowa could be missing first-string RB Adam Robinson against Indiana Saturday (ankle).

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-iowa-robinson&prov=ap&type=lgns

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think Iowa is laying something like 16 or 17 points this week. Anyone thinking of taking those points?

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Central may be a trendy pick for the upset but they should be undefeated right now. They opened the season with a 19-6 loss to Arizona, but did so because the game was delayed until 11 p.m. Real late for a east coast team who flew to Arizona the day of the game.

The last time the two teams met was in Mt. Pleasant, Dan Lefevour entered the game for an injured Brian Brunner and CMU never looked back. The Chips botched the swinging gate on the final play and lost the game, but man was it a good one. Best $10 ticket I ever bought.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ummmmmm, yah. Depends who they are playing. If it is anyone in that bottom half of the Big Ten the game could be 38-0, or 10-6. You never know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Indiana

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Considering that Indiana should have beat Michigan in Ann Arbor, I think they could stay within 2 scores of Iowa.

Draft saved Draft deleted