1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 9 thread: Jeremy (Maclin) spoke in class today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

16-13 in overtime, with the losing team self-destructing the game away. Yep, typical Big East matchup that doesn't involve Cincinnati. Will the conference's BCS representative have even eight wins?

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Confederate campfires are burning late tonight at Oxford prior to what will certainly be a festive all-day celebration in and around The Grove.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I don't get to travel much, but I did see Mizzou play Ole Miss there in 2007. I seriously doubt I'll have a better time at another road game.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

None of which leads me to believe that Ole Miss will beat Auburn this year.

I see what you're saying. I just don't agree.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

A day in The Grove is a good day indeed. I'll need to make it back there sooner than later.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

It's too bad this Tennessee-South Carolina game is going to turn into a blowout if the Vols don't get a running game going. I was kind of hoping for a good reason to avoid the Big East-ACC platter this morning. Cocks up 10-3 late in the second.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

My Illini are kicking Purdue's ass today, but they have losses to Missouri, Michigan State and Ohio State. Those three are a combined 22-1. With most of the team returning, I'm already looking forward to next fall. I haven't been able to say that for quite some time.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

H-Man, they've made some nice strides this season. They'll be a handful next season, still have a nice shot at putting together good end to this season. Michigan & NU won't be a cake walk, but they are very winnable. Fresno game could be a toughie, though. Rough trip to end their season.

I'm looking forward to the game at Wrigley....although I'll be in purple. Not that I give a rats *ss about NU, but my bro-in-laws family (going to the game with them) are big time Wildcats.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

And I respect your right to say that or think it.
    Problem I have is when dickheads on the board attack because someone posts an opinion on a sports contest.

Huge stop by Tennessee, trailing No. 20 SCarolina 24-17 at start of 4th.

Everyone attacks Dooley like he's some kind of numbskull who's never been around the game.
    He can win there, given time.
    The team has played hard most times I've seen them.
    Just get out-athleted most of the time.

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Not planning on watching the entire game (too many good ones later), but Notre Dame looks SO slow, compared to Tulsa. Get the feeling their game plan is "go wide, make 'em chase." First I've seen Tulsa...maybe this is their typical set?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

South Carolina touchdown just about ices it. Only been watching on and off as I write, but from what I've seen, Tennessee could have won this game if they held on to the football.

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Rough day already on QB's. Jacory Harris knocked out for the U, Persa knocked out of the game for Northwestern, Crist out for ND.....

Draft saved Draft deleted