1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 9 thread: Jeremy (Maclin) spoke in class today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think Oregon wins out.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

@Cosmo: I can see the CAA getting three teams into the tournament, four if James Madison gets its act together.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Right now, I think it's Delaware, 'Nova and W&M for sure. UNH can state its case by beating W&M in Durham in two weeks.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This guy's betting Oregon will cover and has the cash to back it up. The power of branding shows when even bank robbers wear your gear.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Crash

Crash Active Member

If Oregon wasn't already fired up for this game, it probably is now that some idiot on USC's team said that outside of the QB and RB, Oregon "really isn't that good."

Good job, ass hole. You just motivated the nation's best offense to hang about 60 on you Saturday.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Miami isn't going to be Miami anymore it'd be nice if some other school would pick up that mantle. USC seems like as good a choice as any.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It's only a matter of days before Ole Miss beats Auburn.

People in the Deep South are fully aware that Auburn does not qualify as the No. 1 team in the country.
    Folks left and right are drinking the Kool-Aid on this team, but I don't see why.
    They are a good team, but wouldn't beat Nebraska or USC or Ohio State.
    Polls are nice to look at, but Auburn's liable to lost twice before the regular season ends.
    There are about eight or 10 teams right now that could beat each other on any given night.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Ole Miss and Chattanooga?

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

You think Auburn will beat Alabama, John?

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Blitz, you may be right that Auburn isn't all that, but I don't think there's any way they're not undefeated when they go to Tuscaloosa on Nov. 26. They've only got Ole Miss, 'Nooga, Georgia and an open week left before Bama, and while the Dawgs have played better of late, I don't think they can stop Auburn. And you're on drugs if you think Ole Miss wins Saturday. What makes you think a team that couldn't stop Jacksonville State can slow down, much less stop, Auburn.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ole Miss scored about 50 points that day and Jacksonville State has gone undefeated so far in their realm.

That game was a long, long time ago.
    Georgia, too, has played well of late. I think they beat Florida at the Cocktail Party this week.
    Richt's and the program have lost 16 of 20 so I think turnaround happens this weekend.
    It would be 4 straight losses for Florida but I'm thinking it happens.

The country was head over heals about the Michigan qb, and he's been reduced to non-Superman status.
    Same is true for Cam, I think. He's been on a roll but he and Auburn can be had.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Unless the Rebel PC Black Bear Shark eats Cam Newton, Ole Miss is toast. Auburn may not have the best defense statistically but they are physical, and Masoli will give up on plays early instead of taking a pounding.

Draft saved Draft deleted