1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 9 thread: Jeremy (Maclin) spoke in class today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. BCS-conference schools like KU, circa 2007, might catch a break with the schedule and face no one better than a couple 7-6 teams on their way to an 11-0 start and be in line to play for a championship. But a three-loss team like Air Force could lose to TCU, Utah and Boise State and struggle to get recognition when it might be better than some team with a glossier record.

Michigan State certainly had the look and feel of that 2007 KU team until this past week.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And it's not even close.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Is anyone convinced . . . not "rooting for", but CONVINCED . . . that Auburn is going to beat
    Alabama, if Alabama's healthy?

I don't know anybody that is.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That game is going to be an absolute bloodbath.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't care one way or the other about Oregon, but B_H, you were definitely in the wrong here hoping for players to get hurt.

6. Crash

Crash Active Member

I'm still not sure what to think of Auburn. Not at all. Is it the team that struggled through most of the game against Clemson, the team that scored six second half points in nearly blowing a big lead at Kentucky, or the team that throttled Arkansas in the second half and tore Ole Miss to shreds?

Alabama, meanwhile, has a lot of work to do to get to the Iron Bowl with one loss. If they do, that game will be a de facto play-in for the BCS title.

I'm 100 percent sold on Oregon as the best team in the country. I'm not quite there with Auburn yet.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Boise State 19, Oregon 8. Yes, it was last year, but it's the closest to deciding it on the field that we can get right now. Many of the players on both teams played in that game — the Ducks returned 18 starters this year and Boise returned 21. Oregon has improved since then, but so has Boise.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. And I'm not a fan of either team involved. I just don't agree with ever rooting for injuries.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Understatement.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

UF kicks off prized recruit Jonathan Dowling for VOTR.

Must be a murder charge for Urban to kick a five-star recruit off the team.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In addition to running up video-game numbers, Auburn has physically mauled everyone they've played so far. Alabama's been pretty much the same. Put the ambulance services on full alert for thisone.

Draft saved Draft deleted