1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The tension is palpable heading into tomorrow's Ohio-Temple showdown, so may as well get this rolling: Some story lines:

--Auburn-West Virginia deserves an over-under of 24. Take the under.
    --The nightmare for the BCS folks continues as Cincinnati beats UConn.
    --I think UNC beats BC
    --I think Kansas beats Texas Tech
    --I think Louisville beats South Florida.
    --Georgia-LSU deserves an over-under of 63. Take the over.
    --Texas wipes out Oklahoma State
    --Missouri wins by at least four TDs, biotches
    --Alabama edges Tennessee
    --Penn State edges Ohio State

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

--Auburn-West Virginia deserves an over-under of 24. Take the under. AND WVU
    --The nightmare for the BCS folks continues as Cincinnati beats UConn. AGREED
    --I think UNC beats BC...I'LL TAKE BC
    --I think Kansas beats Texas Tech THE RAIDERS STAY ALIVE FOR ANOTHER WEEK
    --I think Louisville beats South Florida. NOT SEEING IT
    --Georgia-LSU deserves an over-under of 63. Take the over. I LIKE LSU
    --Texas wipes out Oklahoma State TAKE THE OVER
    --Missouri wins by at least four TDs, biotches. MEH. OK.
    --Alabama edges Tennessee. SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, BUT WATCH FOR A 16-13 VOLS WIN
    --Penn State edges Ohio State. SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME. HOW'S PENN STATE'S D?

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

What, nobody's commented on the crazy ref at the South Carolina-LSU game?

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Seriously, this guy can't work another game at the college level, yes? It's like those BW3 commercials come to life.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Nobody has mocked the Ohio-Temple game on ESPN (or ESPN2) tomorrow night? Slackers!

6. Holy Cross takes on Lehigh on Saturday. Lehigh has a tough D but I see the Crusaders winning by at least 7 points. Patriot League action - it fucking kicks ass!

HC QB Dominic Randolph already has 16 passing TD's and is averaging 327 yards passing per game. And the guy has 4 rushing TD's! He's your Walter Payton front runner.

7. Woo...the mid-week MAC matchups begin...always a highlight of my college football season.

When I was in college, a bunch of us decided to play a MAC football dynasty on Playstation2. There were five or six of us...we each picked a MAC team and played out the season against each other, did recruiting, pretty much devoted our lives (and every moment away from classes and basketball practice) playing these games. Around the clock on one of our dorm televisions, there were MAC teams battling it out in games. Tuesday afternoon: Miami vs. Eastern Michigan. Thursday morning: Ball State vs. Central Michigan. Sunday night: Kent State vs. Bowling Green.

I'm convinced athletic directors from the MAC observed us playing all of those awful, defenseless video games and patterned their conference schedule around their own Taco Bell runs.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A week after the two best teams in Michigan battled it out in Mount Pleasant, Nos. 3 and 4 (maybe?) meet in Ann Arbor, with an inside track for seventh place in the Big Ten on the line. :D :D

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ummm,
    Alabama will paste UT by 3 TDs
    Texas will struggle with OSU Cowboys
    South Fla. will win over Louisville

And Mississippi State will win homecoming game against Middle Tenn. St.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, and I thought mentioning Missouri as a story line was cheezy.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When did those two become football-playing members of the MAC?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cover. Oh will I cover that bet

Draft saved Draft deleted