1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 8 thread: What the Buck (Belue)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Absolutely. And may I add:

If you want to meet girls besides the farmer's daughter, go to Iowa. :D

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Massive SEC fanboi here, but you're totally right. This year is not the right year to be rolling with SEC RULEZ ALL arguments. The top teams in the conference (Auburn, LSU, Bama) are all flawed (No D, no offense, short attention span), and an entire division is garbage. Who in the East beats Oklahoma? Vandy?

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Fixed.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Listen bitches, don't talk about me when I'm not around to defend myself. ;D

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's about where I am. Auburn's defense will make LSU's offense look better than it really is. LSU's defense will slow Auburn down some. But this is still a 10-point game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Oregon going with the "Fightin' Hi-liters" look tonight.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Love the yellow jerseys.

I am very excited about even the possibility of an Oklahoma v Oregon title game.

would be an incredible pace.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don't think a 1-loss OU team will make the title game.

[/MIZ...]

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Oregon just set a school record for most points scored through nine games... and they've only played seven.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At some point, UCLA will hire a quality football coach and become relevant again. For now, it's embarrassing how bad a program with so many advantages has become.

Seriously, you're within 20 miles of the greatest collection of high school quarterbacks in the country and you sign Kevin Prince and the joker who played tonight?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oregon plays Missouri's offense, and seems to do it substantially better. Then again, UCLA seems to be the Pac-10's equivalent of Colorado.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sorry, but the only similarity between Oregon and Mizzou's offense is that the snaps come out of the shotgun... and they're both no-huddle.

The Quackers run an ultra-hurry up. Mizzou really doesn't. The Oregon QB is about two yards closer to the line of scrimmage. Oregon's run plays don't take eons -- and I do mean eons -- to develop, like Mizzou's do. This is the first Oregon game I've seen, but it seems they aren't nearly as reliant on the screen game as the Tigers are. And, as we saw, Oregon's offense is much more effective from the 5-yard line and in.

Point taken about UCLA. But nobody, with the exception of Wyoming, runs an offense that looks like Mizzou's. The run Oregon is on does remind me some of the 07 and 08 teams, at the height of their powers. It just remains to be seen if they can maintain that pace over the course of a season, like Mizzou couldn't.,

Draft saved Draft deleted