1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 8 thread: What the Buck (Belue)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Have they ever played defense there?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Chicago has more MSU alumns than any city in America. The place will be packed with green and white. Another virtual home game for the Spartans. I went to see them play in Evanston two years ago and the stadium was empty, half of the seats were Spartan fans.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was being careful to add the "State" to Jacksonville, and I went overboard

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Like Dooley said, if it's either/or, it's Nebraska, and it's not close. That loss to UT made me only slightly less happy than Mizzou's win last week. Red-emption my ass. If it's by one point or 20, I want the last laught against those fucks.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is true for just about any Big Ten game in Evansville. Iowa and Wisconsin always pack Dyche Stadium (is it still called that?) with their fans/Chicagoland alumni, too. And against Illinois, they're not even bothering to play in Evanston this year ... the game will be at Wrigley Field.

All that being said, I think Pat Fitzgerald is building a solid program, and I think the Wildcats have a shot at MSU this weekend.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oh, and someone mentioned Northwestern losing to Purdue. I think the Boilermakers will finish in the upper half of the Big 10. They're a solid team.

Rob Henry has stepped in and done well at QB after Robert Marve went down with an ACL injury, and if the defense can keep making plays against tougher competition, don't count out the Boilermakers in any of their remaining games.

Remember, this team beat Ohio State and Michigan last year.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I always call it Dyche Stadium, but it's current official name is Ryan Field, for the specific Mr. Big
    Bucks who helped fund the renovation.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bumping to put above Week 7 thread.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I think Ole Miss goes to Pigsooeyland and comes back with a W. The Bears actually looked like they could play a little defense last week against Bama, and the only defense I've seen Arky play this year has been of the matador variety.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I have to believe that LSU will have to score in the high 40's to stay with Auburn.

Auburn.

BIG.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Why did they move the game to Evansville?

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Prediction: Utah goes undefeated, finishes the regular season ranked No. 5 and beats up on the Big East champion in the Orange Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted