1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 8 thread: What the Buck (Belue)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just to get this thread started:
    --I reallly, reallly want Missouri to live up to the recent hype by winning at home against Oklahoma. The Tigers seem to be hitting their stride, and I think they truly have some depth of talent on the d-line for the first time since Pinkel has been there. And I reallly, reallly hope Aldon Smith is healthy enough to return and make an impact. But Mizzou has not met anything close to the Landry Jones/Ryan Broyles duo, and not to mention Murray and Madu providing a running game that can't be ignored. And I think OU has the athletes on defense to keep Missouri's ball-control passing game in check. Throw in Mizzou's utter failures in recent ABC night games against Texas and OU, and I see a blowout, unless Missouri can unfurl a pass rush.
    --I reallly, reallly want Auburn to win against LSU, to make the Iron Bowl a potentially epic matchup. But I think LSU can keep Newton in check, and the luck thing seems to be majorly with the Tigers. So, LSU in a close one. More to come.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If LSU wins and stays undefeated when Saban brings Bama to town, you'll get all the epic you could want.

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Dools, why must you perpetually be against my teams? (This throwaway comment solely for the purpose of following the thread.)

4. dooley_womack1

When one of your teams faces Kansas, I'll be with ya all the way.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Big games on my radar:

Houston Nutt returns (with Ole Miss) to face Arkansas
    UCLA should get run out on Thursday nite by Oregon
    Northwestern has the Spartans at home in Evansville
    Tennessee nearly stopped Bama's roll last year, and will try again in Knoxville
    A resurgent Clemson bunch should halt Ga. Tech

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

:D Fair enough.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

-- Yes. I think OU is ready for prime time.
    -- No. Auburn's defense is horrible, but so is LSU's offense. Auburn wins and I really don't think this one's going to be close.

8. dooley_womack1

Here's what else I'm keeping my eye on, besides Ms. Dodgen hunting me down:

--If UCLA were at home, I would say it could be a trap game for Oregon on Thursday. But it's at Oregon, so the Ducks will easily prevail in whatever monstrosity Phil Knight dresses them in.
    --I reallly, reallly want Northwestern to win at home against Michigan State (and I think that secretly, most of michSportsJournalists.com wants that too). But Northwestern just isn't good enough.
    --I think Baylor will beat K-State by about 10-14 points. Not really sold on the Snyders yet.
    --I reallly, reallly want Oklahoma State to win at home against Nebraska. But....I think the T. Boones will do it.
    --If I stay awake, I think I will see Iowa edge Wisconsin.
    --I think Alabama will shitstomp Tennessee[/zagoshe]
    --Kansas will lose by less than 50 points.
    --I think TCU will rout Air Force

9. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

No hunting, if you promise the Horns will stomp Iowa State. I don't think I could bear it, were the unthinkable to happen.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Northwestern lost at home... to Purdue. Something tells me Sparty will take care of bidness.

As for Mizzou, you're probably right. Three things make me slightly less dreadful... 1. OU's been pretty average away from Norman (not including the Texas game), no? 2. No, the defense hasn't seen an offense of OU's caliber. But, they've done what they've done -- pass rush, especially -- without Aldon Smith. 3. It's clear the offense doesn't have that breakout receiver like Maclin and Alexander... but, I do think they haven't hit top gear yet. Not saying they will against the Sooners, but I think they can be better than what they have been.

12. dooley_womack1

Texas should play in the Texas Bowl if it loses to Iowa State

Draft saved Draft deleted