1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

BYU = FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD.

FRAUD!!!!!

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

TCU's ranked in the top 25 in mid-Rocktober. Is there a chance of them BCS busting with one loss to a top 10 team if they win out?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Can't seem them getting into the Top 12 ...

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If they're in the Top 12, they're automatically in, right? Or do they have to be undefeated to trigger that?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, a non-BCS school has to be in the top 12 and ranked ahead of at least one automatic BCS bid winner to be eligible. Top 6 to be automatic. I read some BCS projections on SI.com and ESPN.com and there were a couple writers who had two non-BCS schools getting bids, so I gues it is possible.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, they should get a bump from beating an undefeated #9 tonight to about 18 or 19th. They'd also have to beat #14 Utah, which would give them another bump. It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wait, TCU and BYU played tonight? Frogs killed 'em? Really?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'll bet he says that at least once a day coaching that sad sack outfit. The Wolfpack has gone to seed ever since deciding to rip off Stanford's logo.

9. azom

azom Member

Was it Todd Christensen?

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

BYU's cheerleaders are clearly distraught.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's so wrong.

It's also funny as hell.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I think Tulsa and TCU have equal shots at getting in, assuming they both win out.

Tulsa -- Should go undefeated. Best opponent left is Arkansas; no other team in CUSA is above .500. (Tulsa still putting up a shit-ton of points). If you're a voter, it's hard to argue with 12-0.
    TCU -- Would have wins over Utah and BYU (and a decent Air Force team). Only loss would be to Oklahoma. Win over BYU was on national TV (sort of) and it was a beat down. A lot of voters saw that lopsided score all night long.

Draft saved Draft deleted